Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Application Modernization Readiness Assessment

This checklist evaluates the dependencies of an application to help with its modernization. It strives to collect all the information about the application to give a more detailed and precise picture of its readiness for building and running it in the cloud.

Hi, Ravi. When you submit this form, the owner will see your name and email address.

1.The drive for the modernization of this application comes from:


Changing business requirements


Technical debt


Pending deadline


Budgetary considerations


None of the above

2.My application is an N-Tier web application and has customer facing portal.


Yes


No

3.My application modernization journey requires all three: planning, executing and monitoring.


Yes


No

4.My application is accessible (Select all that apply.)


Web Interface


Command line


Scripts


SDK


None of the above

5.I would like my cloud adoption strategy to be


Retain/Retire


Lift-and-shift


Lift-and-reshape


Replace, drop and shop


Refactor (Rewriting/De-coupling applications)

6.My application has specific requirements from: (Select all that apply)


Programming Languages


Operating systems


Databases


Services


Application Frameworks

7.My application must maintain the same programming language


Yes


No

8.My application is sensitive to the flavor and/or version of operating system


Yes


No

9.My application requires the database to be the same as before:


Yes


No

10.My application is dependent on other services that are not available in the cloud


Yes


No

11.My application requires profiling to generate:


mapping of system components


topology maps


coverage of the technology stack


automations


creating a baseline


to view/simulate real-world conditions


for full stress testing

12.I'm fine with phased migration with phases for


service-by-service migration


improving performance and scalability


Integration and full DevOps support


meeting SLAs required from the application

13.I can point to SLAs for the application


Yes


No

14.I need CI/CD enhancements for


visibility over migration strategy and roadmap


investing over quality controls


showing on dashboards


using with my monitoring solution

15.I need investment in fault detection for


maintaining availability and performance


leveraging my monitoring investment


improving visibility


reducing false alerts

16.I have specific queries or demands from my applications behavior over time


Yes


No

17.The number of web requests to my application are in the range


< 100 per hour


< 100 per minute


< 100 per second


100 - 1000 per second


> 1000 per second

18.The size of data stored in the database increases by 


a few hundred bytes per day


a few hundred kilobytes per day


a few hundred megabytes per day


a few hundred gigabytes per day


a few terabytes per day


greater than a few terabytes a day

This content is created by the owner of the form. The data you submit will be sent to the form owner. Microsoft is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of its customers, including those of this form owner. Never give out your password.

Powered by Microsoft Forms | Privacy and cookies | Terms of use

No comments:

Post a Comment